Search through and try some of these delicious recipes
If you’re looking for delicious recipes that use fresh berries, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve assembled our most loved Love Fresh Berries recipes for you to browse through. If you can’t find a recipe you need, please contact us and we can see if we have what you are looking for.
Interested in how berries are grown and their health benefits? Check out our Q&A page
Make ahead dessert, gluten free
This easy dessert can be made the day before, even the week before and kept in the freezer all ready and waiting to go. Just remember to take it out of the freezer when you sit down for your main course so that it has a little time to defrost slightly so that the flavour of the blackberries comes through and the parfait is soft enough to slice.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 3-4 minutes
Chill: 6 hours or overnight
40g (11/2oz) butter
40g (11/2oz) flaked almonds, roughly crushed
40g (11/2oz) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon caster sugar
400g (14oz) can full fat coconut milk
2 limes, grated rind of both, juice of 1
4 tablespoons runny honey
75g (3oz) caster sugar
450g (1lb) Greek style yogurt
225g (8 oz) blackberries
Viola flowers to decorate, optional
1. Line the base and two long sides of a 900g (2lb) non-stick loaf tin with a strip of non-stick baking paper or clingfilm.
2. To make the granola topping, heat the butter in a frying pan, stir in the flaked almonds and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring until just beginning to colour. Mix in the pistachio nuts and sugar and cook for 1 minute until the sugar has dissolved then take off the heat and leave to cool.
3. For the parfait, pour the coconut milk into a mixing bowl, add the lime rind and juice, honey and sugar and whisk together until smooth. Add the yogurt and whisk briefly until smooth.
4. Pour about one third of the parfait mixture into the base of the lined tin. Crumble about one third of the blackberries over the top, breaking up with fingertips, then spoon over half the remaining parfait mix and repeat so that all the parfait mixture and all the blackberries are added to the tin.
5. Level the surface of the mixture and spoon over the cooled granola in an even layer. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, covering the top with climgfilm as soon as it is hard.
To serve, take the parfait out of the freezer 15-25 minutes before you are ready to serve it. Allow to defrost slightly then run a wetted round bladed knife round the sides of the parfait to loosen it. Turn out on to a plate, peel off the lining paper or clingfilm. Decorate, if liked, with tiny viola flowers and cut into thick slices with a hot knife.