Search through and try some of these delicious recipes
If you’re looking for delicious recipes that use fresh berries, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve assembled our most loved Love Fresh Berries recipes for you to browse through. If you can’t find a recipe you need, please contact us and we can see if we have what you are looking for.
Forget about steamed puddings that take hours, get the same comfort food factor from these individual ones that take just 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
200 g (7 oz) blackberries
50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoons water
100 g (4 oz) butter at room temperature
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
100 g (4 oz.) self-raising flour
50 g (2 oz.) desiccated coconut
1) Lightly butter 4 x 250 ml (8 floz) metal pudding moulds and line the bases with a circle of non-stick baking paper.
2) Add half the blackberries to a small saucepan, then add the sugar, cornflour and water and mix together. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes, until the blackberries are soft and the sauce is thick. Add the remaining blackberries and leave to cool.
3) To make the sponge, put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat together until smooth.
4) Spoon the blackberry mixture into the bottom of the pudding moulds then spoon the sponge on top and level the surface.
5) Loosely cover the top of each mould with a square of buttered foil then cook in the top of a covered steamer for 30-35 minutes until the sponge is well risen and can be lightly pressed with a fingertip and the mixture will spring back.
Loosen the edges of each pudding with a round bladed knife, turn out on to plates, remove the lining paper and serve immediately with custard or cream.