Search through and try some of these delicious recipes
If you’re looking for delicious recipes that use fresh berries, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve assembled our most loved Love Fresh Berries recipes for you to browse through. If you can’t find a recipe you need, please contact us and we can see if we have what you are looking for.
Check out our new, free downloadable recipe book, Eat Well With Berries, on the activities page
Celebrate the King's Coronation with this meringue cake, created by @movers_bakers.
5 egg whites
½ tsp lemon juice
1½ tbsp cornflour
Pinch of salt
240g caster sugar
Mascarpone cream and filling:
350g mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla
450ml double cream
60g icing sugar
5-6 tbsp blackberry jam
Strawberries (hulled and halved), raspberries and blueberries to decorate
1) Draw three 8” circles on parchment paper, then turn them over and stick (tape) them to three baking sheets, then set aside. Preheat the oven to 120C.
2) Beat egg whites and lemon juice until foamy on high speed. Add in the cornflour and salt, mixing in. Mixing at a medium speed, add the sugar in one tablespoon at a time until fully combined and the mixture forms stiff peaks and is smooth and glossy (this takes me about 5 minutes).
3) Divide the mixture between the three circle templates, spreading to the edges and levelling the tops. Bake for 60-65 minutes until the meringues look dry and matte. Keeping the oven shut, turn the oven off and leave the meringues to cool in the oven for a few hours (I leave overnight for ease).
1) In a mixing bowl, mix the cheese and vanilla together until smooth.
2) In a separate larger mixing bowl, beat the cream and sugar together until it just reaches soft peak stage. Gently mix the cheese with the whipped cream until smooth and well combined.
1) Place one meringue layer on your plate/cake stand. Spread about ⅓ of the whipped cream mixture over this layer and dot with half the jam. Repeat the layers: meringue, cream, jam, meringue and cream. Decorate the top with the fresh berries in a Union Jack pattern or however you wish. Enjoy!
Please do note that the meringue should only be assembled soon before serving as leaving it to sit will result in the meringue becoming soft and potentially soggy from the moisture of the filling.